Thursday, March 19, 2009

an ai is a three-toed sloth

I very much wish I could give you the recipe for the fish cakes I ate tonight, but it's in my brother-in-law's bald head. He tried once to show me how to make them, but the process includes steps such as using mussels to make a broth to cook the potatoes in, so I now sit out by the pool drinking gimlets and smoking Virginia Slims while Tim does the cooking.


I also wish I could show you photos of the Waldorf salad my sister made, but that would require I have a less shitty camera, or if my husband is correct, that I be a better photographer. If we are all lucky, Maura will post her Waldorf salad recipe in the comments (but I warn you, the dressing alone has approximately fifteen ingredients; I'll be out by the pool with my drink, because I've come a long way, baby, but not that far).

And because no meal is complete if I have to cook it, Chrysanne brought dessert. Somehow a bourbon apple cake doesn't sound as insanely, ridiculously good as this cake actually is. So good, I will come to your house, sit by your pool, and drink your liquor while you bake one for me.

2 comments:

  1. Credit Mark Bittman for the cake. And Paul, who discovered and recommended it.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/19/dining/19mini.html

    Anything with that much Jack Daniels and butter would have to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so left out. The only thing I contributed and no picture!

    ReplyDelete