Wednesday, March 18, 2009

the apple was not enough

I don't know if it's my off-the-charts grump factor or if something else is afoot (Mercury in retrograde? testosterone in the water supply?), but twice in the past four days I've gotten into arguments with perfect strangers, arguments that could have escalated into fisticuffs had I not been (1) calmed by an elderly gentleman on a Metro bus in DC who counseled me that it "just wasn't worth it" or (2) on an elevator, the doors of which closed before I could kick that rude lady's ASS.

My lovely mother-in-law is coming over for dinner tonight, which I'm very much looking forward to, though this will require a trip to the grocery store, where someone will probably get hurt.

1 comment:

  1. I think the shame train (bus) story is one of my most favorite Katherine O'Neill stories ever. I think maybe you should write about it on here, it's HILARIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete