Wednesday, May 6, 2009

home sweet...yes, i'd love to come to dinner

Judging from the contents of our fridge, Chris has been living on kosher Coke, sake, and turkey sandwiches while I was away. Luckily I was able to scrounge up the ingredients for my old boyfriend peanut butter toast, which I ate in bed while watching Heroes and waiting for my luggage.


I don't understand how people raise babies. Two nights in a row of less than five hours sleep have incapacitated me. If I ever had a baby, I would do nothing but lie in bed, watch TV, and eat food that I could make in the toaster oven.

Or I would lie in bed and watch TV until it was time to go to my stepmother's for dinner. Maybe she could raise the baby, too.

A Greek-ish salad with black lentils

Warm potato salad with sugar snap peas and radishes

Mark Bittman's chick pea salad

3 comments:

  1. welcome home! enjoy the rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's nice to be back, and I don't even mind the rain right now because I'm so excited about all the grass (the kind that grows on the ground, not my daily cup of shake weed) and flowers -- Colorado was sunny but everything except the sky was brown and scrubby and dusty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those pictures. oh my god, you are making me so damn hungry. crunchy green.... all I see around here is potatoes, pasta and white bread. And I don't seem to be motivated enough to make really good salad, why did C have to move away. She would make me good salad.

    ReplyDelete