If you will not be spending the afternoon proofreading articles with titles like "Creating Hybrid Communities Using Inquiry as Professional Development for College Science Faculty," I recommend baking up a batch of Tonto's snickerdoodles and then bringing at least five, no make that ten, over to my house. Lucky for all of us, my crack dealer was willing to share her recipe.
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Combine white sugar, butter or margarine, vanilla, and eggs. Mix well.
3. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Blend well.
4. Shape dough into one-inch balls.
5. Mix together coating ingredients. Roll each ball in sugar and cinnamon mixture.
6. Place two inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheets.
Makes 4-5 dozen.