Tuesday, February 23, 2010

d-o-u-g-h-n-u-t

Sent from my iPhone, bitches.

The blurry pastry pictured above is called a donut muffin (I just tried several times to properly spell donut in that last sentence but ultimately could not figure it out and settled on the convenience-store spelling. Seriously though: Donought? What makes this especially ironic/pathetic/frightening is that the photo above was taken a couple hours ago at my one-day-a-week proofreading job. Dounghut?). Do you know what a donut muffin is? It is delicious. It is cinnamon-y. It is sugary. It is cake-y, yet also fluffy. It is one hundred times better than the whole wheat muffins (which I just spelled m-u-f-f-i-n-g-s, but that was more of a typo than a complete loss of mind) I made this weekend and will tell you about later when I have learned to spell. For now, I'm going to bed, where I'm pretty sure visions of donut muffins will dance in my head.

4 comments:

  1. a donut muffin? well, it's no donut cupcake but it sounds pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever it is and however it is spelled... I want that last bite! I sat reading your entry while slurping away at a bowl of miso soup sadly made from a mix which included (don't be jealous) dehydrated tofu and scallions! When "rehydrated", they in turn became soggy tofu croutons and green bits of paper. Needless to say, I would currently steal one of these doe-nutts from a small child and devour it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who cares about the donut? It's the PEN that really looks fabulous! (And the X-rated text it's resting on...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Challah, I think this is the recipe for the donut muffins; make a batch and both you and your small children can devour one. Or four.

    And Anon, those pens are the best, way sexier than that text...

    ReplyDelete