Thursday, March 11, 2010

my ship has come in

I have excellent news, my friends, excellent news indeed.

I don't know about you all, but I've been going through mini-cupcake withdrawal since the end of farmers market season last fall. Starting this week, however, our days of jonesing for adorable little cupcakelettes with pretty dollops of frosting are over: My Little Cupcakes are for sale at Sweet Clover Market in Essex and City Market in downtown Burlington. As I told MLC, I'm going to be her biggest customer. Literally. Between the yachtsman's weekly cake baking and My Little Cupcakes a five-minute walk from my house, I'll be living large. I repeat: Literally.

One of the chocolate cupcakes with peppermint frosting Mojie and William got for my co-birthday party in January.

If you've already had a My Little Cupcake, you've probably stopped reading this and are on your way to the store right now. If you haven't (or even if you have), MLC is doing a product demo (read: free cupcakes) at the co-op this Saturday from 3:00-6:00 p.m., which is coincidentally exactly when I'll be doing my grocery shopping. I swear, MLC, I'm not stalking you: It takes me three hours to buy groceries every week, and I always push my cart back and forth, up and down the aisle where the free cupcake giveaway is happening.

6 comments:

  1. I'm still absorbing the recipe for yellow cake with 20 tbs. of butter in the frosting, and now you do this to me? Your blog is not so subliminally trying to make me eat cake...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My excitement is almost unbearable about this cupcake demo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being an employee at the co-op gives me the chance to hear feedback about new products... I have literally been approached by 5 customers asking me if I had tried the MLC treats, and if so which flavor do I recommend (to which I answered "All!")! Keep up the good cupcake work! And Kate- have fun at the demo!
    Love always-
    banana (which would make a great flavor!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would it be fair to say that MLC will be rocking out with her cupcakes out?

    I'm sure these cupcakes are delicious, and thanks for letting me know about this demo, but you know me: I'd only drive twenty-two hours to see Jesus or the Judds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. j quizzle...i don't say "my cupcakes bring all the boys to the yard" for nothin'.

    banana...the banana cupcake will make an appearance soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. MLC, if you don't already have that printed on your business card--you need to get on it.

    ReplyDelete