Tuesday, March 24, 2009

tuesday afternoon

The old biddies are coming over to play bridge in a few hours, and I'm nervous, because (1) the old biddies are all much better bridge players than I am and (2) the old biddies are neither old nor are they biddies, and it might come to fisticuffs when they find out I've been calling them such on the internets.

In other news, Chris & I went to the Four Corners of the Earth Cafe for lunch, where they serve sandwiches representing all four corners of the earth. The writing on their menu is nearly impossible to read and the music sounds like an Eastern European rock opera, but in my opinion these things are assets, and the food is delicious.


Now I'm going to try and find an online bridge game so I can practice before the old biddies get here and kick my ass (literally, at cards, or both).

1 comment:

  1. Fisticuffs seems to have a disproportionate number of references in this "food" diary, matched only by Abe and Gruel. Should we be thinking of some type of aggression intervention to help guide you through this little problem? And should I be changing my comment name to something a little more anonymous?

    ReplyDelete