Saturday, March 28, 2009

your to do list

It's 66 degrees and sunny, and I'm about to go sit and read in the park across the street from my house (which, by the way, is chock full o' nuts; heard as I walked through on my way home a few minutes ago: "She's got the delusions and schizophrenia and bipolar, but her main problem is that she's lazy as fuck"), but before I go, I ask you to consider doing the following.

Tell the governor of Vermont what a jackass he is.
He's announced that he will veto the marriage equality bill that has been approved by our state Senate and is now in the the House. You can say send him an e-mail expressing your displeasure here. If you live in Vermont, consider attending a vigil tomorrow (not for the lazy as fuck, but definitely worth doing anyway); there's a list of locations here. And if you're feeling industrious, the Vermont Freedom to Marry website knows of lots of ways you could help.

Turn your lights off.
Chris says we're all supposed to turn out lights off from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. tonight. I did not ask if that means I'm not allowed to watch TV, either, because I didn't want to know the answer. You can read about Vote Earth here.


Now get to clicking, typing, and flipping those light switches.

No comments:

Post a Comment