Monday, May 4, 2009

(1) why? (2) yay! (3) wtf?

(1) The Trinidad Safeway, purveyor of lard but not tofu, is selling pre-peeled onions for $2.99/lb. Because taking the skin off is so hard?

(2) In other, unrelated news, we went to a dinner party on Saturday night with the gender re-assigner and her girlfriend. Love them. Love. Them. LOVE THEM.

(3) And in other other, unrelated news, two members of a theater troupe showed up at the convent, said they're scheduled to stay here, and moved in.

If this residency were all about meeting fun, interesting people, I would say it's a huge success. Nice accommodations? Less so. Lack of disruptions? Uh, no. Novel writing? No comment.

3 comments:

  1. Peeled onions? Why? Huh? What? Also, where the f*&% are you where you can't buy tofu or nail polish at the Safeway? I'm saying, I can see one or the other but both? Don't like it.

    A theater troupe? Three weeks in? Do you think they might actually just be homeless people looking for a place to stay? Do they have their own art buddies? I'm fascinated by this development. I mean really, haven't all the rest of you been there for almost three weeks? Where have the been?

    I would like some more details on the dinner party and what was eaten and the company.

    And also, the last confirmation word I got from the last comment I left was Ellen. Coincidence? I think not.

    Thank you and goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a peeled onion for sale in my life, though I haven't looked very hard.

    The theater troupe wasn't supposed to be here until we leave, but two of them pulled up in a U-Haul yesterday and they appear to plan to stay. Me, not so much.

    I'm going to have to tell you in person about Dr. Marci and Carol, but they are worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete