Monday, June 29, 2009

workin' hard or hardly workin'?


That is for me to know and you probably never to find out, unless I ever finish The Thing, in which case I will use this as my author photo. Because my feet don't look too heinous in it -- I actually got a pedicure last week at Excellent Nails by Trang. But those sweatpants are hiding some frighteningly pale legs. When I sat down in the massage chair for my pedi, Trang pointed at my legs and said, "You no tan!" and then laughed hysterically while she ran the foot bath. I considered getting back at her by stealing the huge cinnamon-crumble-topped muffin from the shrine to Buddha that sat on the floor, but decided Buddha should not have to suffer for Trang's cruel sense of humor.

By the way, did you know Buddha is a smoker? In addition to incense and a massive muffin, he'd been offered several cigarettes. If I had a household shrine, I would offer Buddha a slice of peanut butter toast, a glass of pink wine, and a laptop, and all I would ask in exchange is that he smite Trang and finish writing this stupid novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment