Wednesday, April 28, 2010

buying high, selling low

Things have been hectic this week here at GFD. There was the snow, obviously, which kept me busy weeping and cursing god. And I've been diligently working to re-create the Dark & Stormy I had at the Bluebird on Saturday, which has also been time consuming. I went to a cooking class on Tuesday night, where I like to think I learned to make Chinese dumplings. Plus I've been swamped with proofreading. I do have a couple of spring-vegetable soup recipes I'm excited to share with you, perhaps the last soups of the season. But tonight I recommend a Dark & Stormy.

It Was a Dark & Stormy Night

Ice
Kraken rum


Ginger beer
Lime
Candied ginger

Place ice cubes in a tall glass. Pour some Kraken rum over ice, then add plenty of fresh lime juice* (I use the juice of one lime) and ginger beer. Garnish with a slice of lime and candied ginger. Or, garnish with a slice of lime and eat handfuls of candied ginger while you weep, sip your drink, and curse god.

*Thanks to Mojie & EBids for the research & tip!

No comments:

Post a Comment