Thursday, February 24, 2011

click here

I wish I could tell you that I haven't posted in weeks because I've been too busy with tango lessons and late-night dinners and warm summer air, but such is not the case. Vacation is over, and Gruel for Dinner will now return to its regular schedule of infrequent posts featuring complaints about the weather and recipes for soup.

Complaints about the weather
It's cold, it's gray and gloomy, we're supposed to get a foot of snow tomorrow. I'm so tired of winter, I can't even find the energy or humor to make a joke: This weather just sucks it. Sucks what? You know what.

Recipes for soup
Do you really think that if I can't even manage a crack about the weather that I can pull together a soup recipe? Bitches, please. I'm living off the frozen portions of lentil stew clogging my freezer. Since we returned from Argentina I've been working, looking at our vacation photos when I should be working, and wishing I lived in Buenos Aires. Not a morsel of food has been cooked in my kitchen.

I may not have a lot to offer you in the way of laughs or nourishment, but if you came to this website to kill some time on the internet, maybe this or this or this will keep you occupied.

If you really want a recipe for soup, this and this and this are among my GFD favorites.

And I'm hoping to one day soon make this and this and this (if you get to them before I do, which at the rate I'm moving seems quite likely, let me know how they turn out).

I may not have missed winter or working or waking up early, but I've sure missed you.

Hi there.

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures with poetically hilarious descriptions = you're forgiven for abandoning us readers here at GFD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the photos, Face, and glad to be forgiven!

    ReplyDelete